Kempsey Aboriginal Youth Worker (KAYW) will work with and provide services to children, young people and families whose needs do not meet the threshold for ‘risk of significant harm’ (ROSH).
KAYW will provide information and advice to the young people and/or their family experiencing non-chronic and non-entrenched problems including:
- Drug Misuse
- Mental Health
- Culture and
- Justice issues
- 12 - 17 years.
- Family with a young person between 12 - 17 years.
- Children, young people and families experiencing vulnerabilities that, if not addressed, could impact on their health, safety and/or well being.
- Children and Young People's parent's capacity to adequately protect and care for the young person.
- Children, young people and families currently experiencing low to medium risk issues that if not addressed may escalate to the point where more intensive services are needed or ROSH is identified.
- Be at risk of homelessness.
Timeframe: 3 months (with the provision for extension)
Young people will remain in education or employment if they are more connected with their family and community life and have knowledge and skills for positive life choices.
Request a referral
Please fill out the form below for a Burrun Dalai Child & Family Disability Service referral request.